Changing a shower cartridge may vary depending on the type of shower you have, but here are general steps:
1. Turn off the water supply to the shower: Locate the water shut-off valve for the shower and turn it off.
2. Remove the shower handle: Remove the screw that holds the handle in place, and then remove the handle.
3. Remove the cartridge retaining clip: Use pliers to remove the retaining clip that holds the cartridge in place.
4. Remove the old cartridge: Pull the old cartridge out of the valve body.
5. Insert the new cartridge: Insert the new cartridge into the valve body. You can see shower cartridges available here.
6. Reinstall the retaining clip: Reinstall the retaining clip that holds the cartridge in place.
7. Reinstall the handle: Reinstall the shower handle and screw it back into place.
8. Turn the water supply back on: Turn the water supply back on and test the shower to ensure that there are no leaks.
Note: It’s always a good idea to consult the manufacturer’s instructions or hire a professional like Evans Plumbing if you are unsure about how to change a shower cartridge.